Geelong Primary School Program 2019
Friday 23 August 2019
Geelong Library Heritage Centre
We would like to thank the principals, teachers, parents, students and the wonderful staff at the Geelong Library Heritage Centre who worked with us to make this program possible. Participating students came from the following schools:
- Torquay College
- Aitken College
- Christian College Geelong
- Home-school - Ashburner Family
- Geelong Lutheran College
Capturing the Memories
- 'I learned that the obvious isn’t always correct.'
- 'I learned to be a historian [and] how to figure out what something means on a photo without a teacher.'
- 'I learned to use the better websites that we learned about and to pay more attention to details when looking at photos.'
- 'I really like how we made an ad for a fake medicine.'
- 'I will use the way of thinking that we used in the game at the end and the skill of questioning will be used lots.'
- 'I gained lots of different ways to thing about things and that sometimes there is more than one right answer.'
- 'In the future I will probably continue to dig deeper in research than I ever have before.'
- 'I would like to let you know that I got a lot out of this and you should do this for many years to come.'
- 'I honestly enjoyed today.'
- 'The presenters were all passionate about history and their enthusiasm was passed onto the students. Well done!'
- 'I liked how you made students work with people they didn’t know so that they could get to know other people.'
- 'Thank you so much for the opportunity you have provided.'
- 'Some really good prompt ideas for historical enquiry. It reinforced the value of good questioning.'