Present for HTAV
2021 CALL FOR WORKSHOPS NOW OPEN
Add to your professional development, evidence the Teacher Standards and present for HTAV.
HTAV invites teachers, academics, cultural organisations and community groups to support your colleagues by sharing your historical knowledge and expertise in the Victorian Curriculum, teaching strategies and resource ideas.
Do you have an activity, unit of work or pedagogical idea that has worked well in your classroom? Or have you built up your historical knowledge about a particular aspect of the curriculum? Would you like to share it with other teachers?
Whether you have or have not yet presented for HTAV previously, we would be delighted to have you on board. There is so much joy and satisfaction to be gained when presenters share their expertise with colleagues and see the valued impact they have on attendees of their session. We work closely with our presenters to support their needs in any way we can. We keep presenters informed of logistical details along the way including AV requirements, room set up and the like.
Never presented in front of peers before, or feel a bit uncertain about presenting? That’s ok! We can also support you with some helpful guidance on presentation skills and best practice to win over your audience whilst staying true to your personal style.
Presenting for HTAV is a rewarding experience and adds to a presenter's own professional development. Presenters also value the feedback they receive from colleagues.
All presenters are entitled to free conference registration and may attend the rest of the conference if they wish.
Here’s what some presenters have to say about their experience:
- 'Presenting at HTAV conferences is a completely enriching experience as it allows you to share/connect with others and to critique your own practice beyond your school.'
- 'Presenting at HTAV events both individually and with others has made an immeasurable impact on how I view working with others and how I see myself (as a constant learner).'
- 'Presenting for HTAV boosted my confidence and validated my teaching practice and ideas. Due to the collegial nature of the presentation, it also allowed me to walk away with new ideas to take into the classroom.'
- 'Presenting at the HTAV conference encouraged me to look at our content through a different lens and reflect on how to make it most relevant to participants. The discussions in my session were great, and I made new contacts that I may work with in the future.'
Please share this information with anyone in your network who might also be interested in presenting.
Presentations are fifty minutes’ duration.
We are now accepting workshop proposals for all of the following conferences/events. Click on the links for more information and to submit your proposal (multiple submissions are welcome):
- VCE History Conference and Examination Reports
Call for workshops for this conference have now closed.
Conference Date: Friday 26 February 2021
- HTAV Annual Conference (theme to be confirmed)
Workshop proposals must close Wednesday 17 March 2021
Conference Dates: Thursday 22 – Friday 23 July 2021
If you would like to talk about your proposed workshop, please do not hesitate to contact Myra Karantzas, Events Manager, on 03 9417 3422 or at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your proposal.
31 Jan 21
9.00 am - 3.30 pm 31 Jan 21
26 Feb 21
9.50 am - 3.00 pm 26 Feb 21
12 Apr 21
'2020 Hindsight' 12 Apr 21