HEP Rural and Regional Online 2020
School Holiday Program for students from rural and regional Victoria
The History Teachers’ Association of Victoria (HTAV) in partnership with Federation University invites your students to take part in the successful History Enrichment Program (HEP) for Gifted and Talented students, delivered online during the September school holidays.
This program is fully funded by the Victorian Department of Education’s Strategic Partnership Program and is free for all participants.
This program is best suited for students who are independent, creative thinkers and students who are fast learners, think and perform above the level of their peers in some way (though they may not be the most successful academically) and demonstrate high potential.
This program will also suit students who are recognised as Gifted and Talented, high achievers and/or those who could benefit from accelerated learning.
The two-day online school holiday program in September 2020 includes:
- workshops and presentations led by experienced teachers and professional historians
- hands-on and inquiry-based research and activities
- opportunities to apply higher order thinking skills
- fast paced, varied, stimulating and challenging tasks
- connection with like-minded students from across rural and regional Victoria
- an independent research Passion Project on a historical topic of their choice, which will be included in a virtual museum.
HTAV acknowledges the support of the Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.