Benefits of Membership
- Free ONLINE access to the Association's journal, Agora. Agora can also be requested in hard copy format for an additional fee. You can view a sample of what Agora has to offer here.
- Frequent member updates that keep you abreast of the latest in history and teaching news.
- Access to the members-only area of the HTAV website (which houses a range of resources and past Agora articles).
- Key advice on the curriculum at all levels.
- Discount rates for professional learning programs.
- Access to a range of resources developed specifically for the classroom.
- Free access to a fantastic peer mentoring program. To learn more about the mentoring network, please click here.
- 10% discount on publications ordered through the HTAV website for Individual Members.
- 5% discount on publications ordered through the HTAV website for Institutional Members.
We are pleased to offer members some additional benefits courtesy of our generous member partners. Details will be distributed via membership welcome packs and benefits can be accessed using your Membership Card or via the HTAV Member Centre.
We sincerely thank these partners for their generosity and support of HTAV members. Become a member and gain the added benefits of the offers below:
Latitude Group Travel – tour discounts are as follows:
– Discount of $100 per paying passenger on any international History tour to Europe or the Americas.
– Discount of $50 per paying passenger for any international History tour to Asia.
– If a HTAV member refers another teacher of any subject to Latitude Group Travel and a tour is booked, there is another $50 per paying passenger, which may be used either for the teacher who has been referred to Latitude Group Travel OR for the referring History teacher’s tour.
Please visit their website for more details.
Booktopia: Take advantage of an additional 5% off already discounted books, ebooks, audio books and dvds ordered through Booktopia. To access the promo code, simply login to the HTAV website and visit the Member Centre.
National Trust of Australia (Victoria): 25% off entry across nineteen properties in Victoria, including the Old Melbourne Gaol, Rippon Lea House and Gardens, Polly Woodside Tall Ship, Como House and Garden just to name a few. Please visit their website to learn more.
Bendigo Heritage Attractions: Show your HTAV Membership Card and receive free entry at the Central Deborah Goldmine (Mine Experience Tour only), Bendigo Tramways and the Bendigo Joss House Temple. Members also receive 20% discount on entry for accompanying guests. Please visit their website to find out more.
Kryal Castle: Free entry to HTAV Members plus 20% off entry for accompanying guests. Visit the Kryal Castle website for educational ideas and more.
Royal Historical Society of Victoria (RHSV): To celebrate their 110th birthday in 2019 the Royal Historical Society of Victoria is offering 110 free annual memberships to HTAV members. For information on how to access this wonderful offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Vietnam Veterans Museum: Show your HTAV Membership Card and receive 10% off the full entry fee or off a family ticket. Visit the National Vietnam Veterans Museum website to see their current and upcoming exhibitions.
Mercure Hotel – Melbourne Treasury Gardens: HTAV members gain exclusive access to the Away on Business Programme.
Take advantage of discounts from 5% to 10% off the best unrestricted rate of the day at over 2,400 Accor hotels worldwide in more than 90 countries! Benefit from multi-brand availability at Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Adagio and Adagio Access aparthotels and optimise your hotel spend!
To book and benefit from these exclusive offers, HTAV members must log into the HTAV Member Centre with their personal details issued and find more details there about how to access the HTAV members dedicated booking channels. Click here to log in if you are a HTAV Member.
Visit the Mercure Hotel – Melbourne Treasury Gardens website for more hotel specific details.
22 Feb 19
9.00 am - 3.30 pm 22 Feb 19
14 Mar 19
1.00 pm–4.05 pm 14 Mar 19
8 Sep 19
10.00 am - 5.30 pm 8 Sep 19