All HTAV Members have access to the following benefits:
- Free online access to the Association's journal, Agora. Agora can also be requested in hard copy format for an additional fee. You can view a sample of what Agora has to offer here.
- Member updates that keep you abreast of the latest in History and teaching news
- Access to the members-only area of the HTAV website, which houses a range of resources and past Agora articles
- Key advice on the curriculum at all levels
- Discount rates for professional learning programs
- Access to a range of resources developed specifically for the classroom
- Free access to the Peer Mentoring Program. To learn more about the mentoring network, please click here.
- Discount on HTAV publications ordered through the HTAV website
We are pleased to offer members additional benefits courtesy of our member partners. Benefits can be accessed using your Membership Card or via the HTAV Member Centre.
Latitude Group Travel – tour discounts are as follows:
– Discount of $100 per paying passenger on any international History tour to Europe or the Americas.
– Discount of $50 per paying passenger for any international History tour to Asia.
– If a HTAV member refers another teacher of any subject to Latitude Group Travel and a tour is booked, there is another $50 per paying passenger, which may be used either for the teacher who has been referred to Latitude Group Travel OR for the referring History teacher’s tour.
Please visit their website for more details.
Booktopia: Take advantage of an additional 5% off already discounted books, ebooks, audio books and dvds ordered through Booktopia. To access the promo code, simply login to the HTAV website and visit the Member Centre.
National Trust of Australia (Victoria): 25% off entry across nineteen properties in Victoria, including the Old Melbourne Gaol, Rippon Lea House and Gardens, Polly Woodside Tall Ship, Como House and Garden just to name a few. Please visit their website to learn more.
Bendigo Heritage Attractions: Show your HTAV Membership Card and receive free entry at the Central Deborah Goldmine (Mine Experience Tour only), Bendigo Tramways and the Bendigo Joss House Temple. Members also receive 20% discount on entry for accompanying guests. Please visit their website to find out more.
Kryal Castle: Free entry to HTAV Members plus 20% off entry for accompanying guests. Visit the Kryal Castle website for educational ideas and more.
Royal Historical Society of Victoria (RHSV): To celebrate their 110th birthday in 2019 the Royal Historical Society of Victoria is offering 110 free annual memberships to HTAV members. For information on how to access this wonderful offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Vietnam Veterans Museum: Show your HTAV Membership Card and receive 10% off the full entry fee or off a family ticket. Visit the National Vietnam Veterans Museum website to see their current and upcoming exhibitions.