"A membership with HTAV is a must for any History teacher... Whether you are new to teaching History or even new to the profession, HTAV offers opportunities to network with and be mentored by experienced teachers as well as opportunities to share teaching strategies and resources."
Alexis Watson, Norwood Secondary College
All HTAV members have access to the following benefits:
- Free digital subscription to the professional reading journal, Agora. Agora can also be requested in print format for an additional fee. You can view what Agora has to offer here.
- Member updates that keep you informed of the latest in History and teaching news. A sample of the HTAV Member Bulletin email can be found here.
- Access to the members-only area of the HTAV website, which houses a range of teaching and classroom resources and past issues of Agora.
- Key advice on the curriculum at all levels.
- Discounted rates for professional learning programs.
- Access to a range of resources curated by the Education team for the History classroom.
- Free access to the Peer Mentoring Program. To learn more about the program, please click here.
- Discount off HTAV publications ordered through the HTAV Shop.
We are pleased to offer members additional benefits courtesy of our member partners. Benefits can be accessed using your membership card or via the HTAV Member Centre.
|Booktopia: Take advantage of an additional 5% off already discounted books, ebooks, audio books and dvds ordered through Booktopia.|
|National Trust of Australia (Victoria): HTAV members are given 50% off a National Trust membership for 2023. Log in and visit the Member Centre for full details.|
|Bendigo Heritage Attractions: Show your membership card and receive free entry at the Central Deborah Gold Mine (Mine Experience Tour only), Bendigo Tramways and the Bendigo Joss House Temple. Members also receive 20% discount on entry for accompanying guests.|
|Royal Historical Society of Victoria: HTAV members are entitled to a 50% discount on RHSV individual membership (reduced to $37.50) or school digital membership (reduced to $85).
Member benefits include digital copies of the Victorian Historical Journal, History News and Old News, and discount ticket prices to all RHSV events.
|Kryal Castle: Free entry to HTAV Members plus 20% off entry for accompanying guests.|
|National Vietnam Veterans Museum: Show your membership card and receive 10% off the full entry fee or off a family ticket.|
Melbourne Skydeck: 20% off entry (additional experiences not included. Not available online. Not available with any other offers).