Our 2022 Impact
Thank you for being an essential part of your History teaching community and for supporting, in big ways and small, what we do. 'HTAV' is just a collective term for all the people who become members, come to professional learning events, booklist our textbooks, mentor new teachers, write for Agora, share resources, and so on.
This year, because of you, HTAV has been able to:
- provide curated information for History teachers in twelve Member Bulletin emails, distributed to over 4,500 members
- support its members with professional learning events, including two conferences, two History Teaching Masterclasses and events for new and out-of-field teachers
- produce a range of free resources, including the History-related careers and subject selection information for students and parents
- offer a day full of expert tips and advice for over 900 VCE students preparing for the exams
- bring together 26 History teachers under the HTAV Peer Mentoring Program
- publish three issues of Agora, the professional reading journal for History teachers
- provide opportunities for members to extend themselves professionally by writing books and articles, presenting at events, undertaking leadership training, and coordinating History Week activities
- run the Historical Fiction Competition to engage students in History
- support 68 gifted and talented students across 33 government schools with the virtual History Enrichment Program.
Your support has enabled all of this – and more – to happen. Thank you.
Please download this A3 poster for display in your office, or to drop into your Principal's in-tray. Let's promote the great things we are achieving together.
29 Mar 23
HTAV 2023 AGM and Awards Ceremony5.00pm 29 Mar 23
30 Mar 23
Call for Workshops Open - Share Your Knowledge in 20239.00 am - 3.30 pm 30 Mar 23
11 May 23
History Teaching Masterclass Levels F-12: Every Teacher Can Teach First Nations History2.00 pm–4.00 pm 11 May 23