Our 2021 Impact
Thank you for being an essential part of your History teaching community and for supporting, in big ways and small, what we do. 'HTAV' is just a collective term for all the people who become members, come to professional learning events, booklist our textbooks, mentor new teachers, write for Agora, share resources, and so on.
This year, because of you, HTAV has been able to:
- provide curated information for History teachers in twelve Member Bulletin emails, distributed to over 4,500 members
- support its members with professional learning, including two conferences and the wildly popular History Teaching Masterclasses
- complete the suite of new edition HTAV textbooks for the new VCE study design
- produce a range of free resources, including History-related careers and subject selection information for students and parents which will be available from early 2022
- offer a day full of expert tips and advice for over 880 VCE students preparing for the exams
- bring together 22 History teachers under the HTAV Peer Mentoring Program
- publish three issues of Agora, the professional reading journal for History teachers
- provide opportunities for members to extend themselves professionally by writing books and articles, presenting at events, undertaking leadership training, and coordinating History Week activities
- run the Historical Fiction Competition to engage students in History
- support 100 gifted and talented students across 33 government schools with the virtual History Enrichment School Holiday Program.
Your support has enabled all of this – and more – to happen. Thank you.
Please download this A3 poster for display in your office, or to drop into your Principal's in-tray. Let's promote the great things we are achieving together.
24 Feb 22
9.00 am - 3.30 pm 24 Feb 22
25 Feb 22
10:00 am – 3:00 pm 25 Feb 22
10 Mar 22
1.00 pm–3.40 pm 10 Mar 22