History Enrichment Program 2021 – Regional Government Schools
School Holiday Program for students from Victorian regional government schools.
Wednesday 29 – Thursday 30 September 2021
Online via Zoom
The History Teachers’ Association of Victoria (HTAV) in partnership with Federation University invites your students to take part in the History Enrichment Program for Gifted and Talented students, delivered online during the September school holidays.
Funded by the Department of Education and Training Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series, HTAV are delighted to offer students in Levels 7-10 from Victorian regional government schools the opportunity to participate in this unique and free program.
The Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series provides enrichment opportunities to extend high-ability students in Victorian government schools so they are better supported to excel and reach their full potential.
This program is best suited for students who are independent, creative thinkers and students who are fast learners, think and perform above the level of their peers in some way (though they may not be the most successful academically) and demonstrate high potential.
This program will also suit students who are recognised as Gifted and Talented, high achievers and/or those who could benefit from accelerated learning.
The two-day online school holiday program includes:
- workshops and presentations led by experienced teachers and professional historians
- hands-on and inquiry-based research and activities
- opportunities to apply higher order thinking skills
- fast paced, varied, stimulating and challenging tasks
- connection with like-minded students
- an independent research Passion Project on a historical topic of their choice, which will be showcased in a virtual museum.
HTAV acknowledges the support of the Department of Education and Training through the Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series.