Historical Inquiry Videos
How To Do Great Historical Inquiry Projects
For students, by teachers
Help your students understand the key aspects of choosing and developing an historical inquiry project through this series of videos produced by the HTAV. The videos use animation and expert opinion to start students on the journey to great historical thinking and research practices. Perfect for use with competitions such as the National History Challenge.
Give your students with the skills to start thinking historically. Send them this link today: www.historyed.net.au/videos.
The HistoryEDge videos can be found here.
- Episode 1 – What is an historical inquiry project?
Featuring historians Dr Deb Hull and Alicia Cerreto
- Episode 2 – Developing an inquiry question
Featuring historian Dr Deb Hull
- Episode 3 – How to begin your research
Featuring PhD researcher and History teacher Bronwyn Cook
- Episode 4 – How to take effective notes
Featuring History teachers Lauren Trotter and Alexis Watson
- Episode 5 – How to be an effective internet researcher
Featuring researcher and History teacher Ben Lawless
- Episode 6 – How to develop good referencing habits
Featuring History teacher/librarian Miriam Meehan
- Episode 7 – How to think critically about historical perspectives
Featuring historian and History teacher Dr Rosalie Triolo
- Episode 8 – Finding and using different kinds of historical evidence
Featuring PhD researcher and History teacher Ann Guns
- Episode 9 – Accessing and using digital archives
Featuring historian Dr David Waldron
- Episode 10 – How to conduct an oral history interview
Featuring historian Lucy Bracey
- Episode 11 – Using historical objects and artefacts
Featuring historian and education consultant Dr Jo Clyne
- Episode 12 – Methods of presenting and sharing your work
Featuring primary teacher and education consultant Maree Whiteley
This video series was funded by the Victorian Department of Education & Training.
27 Jul 23
HTAV 2023 Annual Conference: History Now9.00am - 5.30pm 27 Jul 23
10 Sep 23
VCE History: Australian History Student Lectures 202310.00am – 11.00am 10 Sep 23
10 Sep 23
VCE History: Ancient History Student Lectures 202310.00am – 11.00am 10 Sep 23