Horsham Secondary School Program 2017
Federation University, Wimmera Campus
19 – 20 September 2017.
We would like to thank the principals, teachers, parents and students who worked with us to make this program possible.
Participating students came from the following schools:
Dimboola Memorial Secondary College
Goroke P-12 College
Marian College, Ararat
St Brigid's College
Capturing the Memories.
- I have been able to meet many new people. Not only have I been able to see history unfold, I've been able to spend time with many new people who think like me and accept my various opinions.
- This program inspired me to try and write historical fiction and reminded me why I love history in the first place. Thanks for giving rural kids this amazing opportunity.
- One aspect of this program that I enjoyed was how it gathers people with similar mindsets and challenges students to use their full potential. Provided the best environment for students to learn in.
- I definitely learned a lot more about history around the world. The activities were new and challenging which made us think outside the box and they stretched us outside of our comfort zones.
- During the program my strengths have evolved and I have improved my weaknesses in my learning. I really enjoyed the hands-on learning and the excitement.
- It was really great how the program was able to use a variety of different activities and learning tools to engage the students.
- I liked how interactive some of the activities were and it got everyone involved.
- I learned many new things including how to use Trove and some valuable learning skills involving history.
- I liked how we were shown history in a fun and educational way.
- The use of artefacts, costumes and student involvement was engaging and made the experience fun.
- HEP was an interesting and effective way of teaching important historical events.