Gippsland Secondary School Program 2016
Federation University, Churchill Campus
23-24 August 2016
We would like to thank the principals, teachers, parents and students who worked with us to make this program possible.
Participating students came from the following schools:
- Korumburra Secondary College
- Kurnai College, Morwell Campus
- Lavalla Catholic College
- Leongatha Secondary College
- Lowanna College
- Mirboo North Secondary College
- Sale College, Guthridge Campus
- Sale College, Macalister Campus
- 'It was really interactive in the work and we got to see more than if we were just in a classroom.'
- 'We got to have more of a chance to learn without distractions.'
- 'I loved visiting the university, it was great to see what it was like.'
- 'The information I learnt will not be forgotten. And that’s because of the way you taught it to me. It was different and interesting which kept me intrigued.'
- 'Being able to doodle as well while there was someone talking was also a key thing that made it easier to learn.'
- 'The ANZAC performance was very thrilling and confronting. I thought the way they put the information across was great.'
- 'I enjoyed the level of the program and that I was being challenged.'
- 'I enjoyed the size of the group and that I didn’t feel overwhelmed.'
- 'Great staff and speakers.'
- 'My favourite part was learning about Aboriginals and medieval times.'
- 'I learned more than I thought I would.'
- 'The program expanded my learning and opened my mind to new ideas.'
- 'I love the Viking and Roman display. Please please please never change anything about the presentation.'
- 'The model making stood out for me. It was a fun way to mix learning and leisure.'
- 'The program challenged me to think differently and to analyse things deeper.'
- 'I really enjoyed the program and it opened my mind to the many different ways of studying history. I look forward to taking these skills and using them in the future.'
- 'I found working with other students of similar ability very helpful and fun.'
- 'I liked how inclusive the different activities were.'
- 'You really engaged students in great discussions and connected with their prior knowledge.'
- 'I could see that my students were really interested!'
- 'The students worked beautifully together – relaxed yet stimulating environment.'
- 'All the presentations were excellent. Very student focused.'
- 'A great day. Would definitely come back next year.'
Capturing the Memories
Welcome to all students and teachers.
Experiencing a variety of learning styles covering various history topics.
Special guests: Dr. David Waldron, Lecturer in History and Anthropology, Federation University, Ballarat.
Cultural Infusion perform Journey of Remembrance, the ANZACS story.
Group work and model making.
21 Feb 20
9.00 am - 3.30 pm 21 Feb 20
13 Mar 20
1.00 pm–4.10 pm 13 Mar 20
6 Sep 20
10.00am – 1.30pm 6 Sep 20