Student Feedback - Ballarat Secondary School Program
- It was fulfilling and enriching.
- The lecturers were professional and helpful.
- It provided me with opportunities to extend my learning.
- I found it interesting and informative. We were able to do lots of different activities and cover different topics.
- The activities where we had to use our hands and minds were really beneficial.
- I really enjoyed learning about ancient Roman armour.
- I found it was fun to talk to people who were interested in the same things I was into.
- I loved the doodling!
- I thought the inclusion of competition information was great.
- The best thing I’ve done in history since we studied dinosaurs.
- I thought the history enrichment program was a great opportunity to gather with like-minded students and be in an environment with others who are really interested in learning about history.
- I thought that the teachers/mentors were really kind and helpful.
- I really enjoyed making the models and thinking of ways to look deeper into historical issues.
- Maybe it could go on for a longer time.
- I learned to ask and challenge everything I learn.
- I also liked how Trove can unravel many things through research.
- I enjoyed the trip to M.A.D.E. and learning about the Eureka Stockade.
- I felt very engaged by the speakers.
- All the info was cool and the speakers inspiring.
- Best history session I have ever been to.
- I really enjoyed the way the presenters pushed our thoughts and made us think of the ‘whys’.
- I liked the freedom we were given to choose topics and activities that interested us.
- I really enjoyed the way we were pushed harder than in the normal classrooms.
- I really enjoyed looking at things like Trove that set me up for later research.
- I liked the freedom we were given as well as being treated as young adults.
- I found the concept models challenging, but that’s why I enjoyed it.
22 Feb 19
9.00 am - 3.30 pm 22 Feb 19
14 Mar 19
1.00 pm–4.05 pm 14 Mar 19
29 Mar 19
9.30am – 3.35pm 29 Mar 19