Horsham Secondary School Program 2017
Federation University, Wimmera Campus
19 – 20 September 2017
We would like to thank the principals, teachers, parents and students who worked with us to make this program possible.
Participating students came from the following schools:
- Dimboola Memorial Secondary College
- Goroke P-12 College
- Horsham College
- Marian College, Ararat
- St Brigid's College
- 'I have been able to meet many new people. Not only have I been able to see history unfold, I've been able to spend time with many new people who think like me and accept my various opinions.'
- 'This program inspired me to try and write historical fiction and reminded me why I love history in the first place. Thanks for giving rural kids this amazing opportunity.'
- 'One aspect of this program that I enjoyed was how it gathers people with similar mindsets and challenges students to use their full potential. Provided the best environment for students to learn in.'
- 'I definitely learned a lot more about history around the world. The activities were new and challenging which made us think outside the box and they stretched us outside of our comfort zones.'
- 'During the program my strengths have evolved and I have improved my weaknesses in my learning. I really enjoyed the hands-on learning and the excitement.'
- 'It was really great how the program was able to use a variety of different activities and learning tools to engage the students.'
- 'I liked how interactive some of the activities were and it got everyone involved.'
- 'I learned many new things including how to use Trove and some valuable learning skills involving history.'
- 'I liked how we were shown history in a fun and educational way.'
- 'The use of artefacts, costumes and student involvement was engaging and made the experience fun.'
- 'HEP was an interesting and effective way of teaching important historical events.'
Capturing the Memories