HTAV 2019 Peer Mentoring Program – Now taking applications
25 Jan 19
The HTAV Peer Mentoring Program aims to bring together History teachers at all levels in their professional careers to create a community of support and experience. The program enables History teachers to meet, talk and share experiences in a casual setting. Mentors offer 6–8 hours of support throughout the year at times that suit you both. Joining the Peer Mentoring Program will allow insight into your History teaching practice, reinvigorate your teaching skills, broaden your professional network and make a difference in the lives of other History teachers.
Please don’t let thinking ‘I’m not an expert’ prevent you from joining as a mentor. Even a few years of teaching or leadership is a wealth of experience for someone who is starting out.
More information about the program is available here.
Please submit applications to Michelle Pitcher, Membership and Events Officer at email@example.com by Friday 5 April 2019.
Thank you to our 2018 Mentors
HTAV would like to extend a thank you to those who took part in the 2018 Peer Mentoring Program. Your contributions to your peers aid our goal to improve History teaching across the state. Especial thanks to our mentors:
- Dr Michael Adcock, Melbourne Grammar School (2 mentees)
- Judy Anderson, retired
- Katrina Davey, St Catherine's School
- Diana Di Conza, St Francis Xavier College
- Geraldine Ditchburn, Education Consultant (2 mentees)
- Kathryn Keen, Shepparton High School
- Bill Lewis, Haileybury Keysborough
- Elisa Litvin, Assumption College
- Ashley Keith Pratt, Melbourne Girls' Grammar School
- Jenny Pudney, Mount Erin College
- Eric Ryan, Methodist Ladies’ College
- Maddi Schmidt, St Francis Xavier College