HTAV 2024 Annual Conference
Join us at the HTAV 2024 Annual Conference – as a Presenter!
HTAV is proud to support History teaching and we invite you to be part of this rewarding opportunity.
Not sure what you would like to present about? Here are some ideas to consider:
- VCE History Units 1-4 Studies
- Teaching History Levels 7-10
- Do you have something that has worked well in your classroom?
- How do you ‘champion’ History through your school?
- Want to share your resource ideas with others?
- Assessment and reporting tips?
- What digital tools and/or apps work well with your students?
- Tips on improving literacy in the History classroom?
- How to teach History when you are teaching out-of-field?
- How to lead a History teaching team?
- How teachers can work together to help improve learning outcomes in students?
- Tackling the curriculum to meet VCAA requirements?
- Differentiation for diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Student engagement and agency
There is a unique, warm and welcoming atmosphere when history teachers gather together to share professional learning and networking, catch up with colleagues and then walk away smiling at the end of the day. You can play a valued role by presenting.
Remember, our presenters can also attend other conference sessions on the day/s they are presenting for free!
All presenters must receive approval from their school/college leadership (where applicable) to present and attend this conference PRIOR to submitting their proposal.
We invite you to offer a workshop for the:
HTAV Annual Conference: Changing the Course of History
Thursday 1 - Friday 2 August 2024
Jasper Hotel, 489 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
Workshop proposals due by Thursday 21 March 2024
All presenters must be prepared to deliver their workshop remotely/online if any restrictions prevent us from running the conference physically at the venue.
Submit your workshop proposal now!
If you would like to discuss your proposed workshop, please do not hesitate to contact Myra Karantzas, Events Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
19 Mar 24
12.00 pm–3.30 pm 19 Mar 24
31 Mar 24
8.45am - 5.30pm 31 Mar 24
26 Apr 24
HTAV Professional Learning Workshop for History Teachers - Planning and Resourcing your History Teaching1.30 pm–3.50 pm 26 Apr 24