We are now accepting applications to join the HTAV Mentor Network!
The HTAV Mentor Network aims to link early-career teachers, new heads of departments and/or first-time teachers of History with highly experienced advisors. The advisors, known as mentors, work with mentees to offer classroom and administrative advice, clarify course content and to offer guidance in areas such as classroom management, assessment and reporting.
Why join the HTAV Mentor Network?
Being a part of the HTAV Mentor Network is an invaluable experience. Whether as a mentor or mentee, it can impact lives and support personal growth. It can give teachers the skills to succeed. But most importantly, being a part of the HTAV Mentor Network validates your life choices and allows you to share what you know.
Please submit applications to Michelle Pitcher, Membership and Events Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 2 March 2018.
Please note: The HTAV Mentor Network is primarily designed for HTAV members. If you wish to be mentored but are not an HTAV member, a nominal fee is payable.
HTAV would like to warmly thank the 2017 Mentors for sharing their knowledge and expertise with inexperienced teachers:
- Dr Michael Adcock, Melbourne Grammar School (2 Mentees)
- Dr Lydia Allen, St Margaret's and Berwick Grammar School
- Stephen Catton, Melbourne Grammar School
- Elisa Litvin, Assumption College
- Katrina Davey, St Catherine's School
- Natalie Shephard, Glenvale School
- Rachel Rosedale
- Kathryn Keen, Shepparton High School.
VCE Teacher Networks
HTAV is aware of a number of teacher networks relating to specific VCE studies. If you wish to join one of these conversation groups, please contact the relevant coordinator listed below.
- Global Empires Network (Units 1-2): Coordinator Ashley Keith Pratt, email@example.com
- Twentieth Century History Network (Units 1-2): Coordinator Alexandra Pierce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Revolutions Network (Units 3-4): Coordinator Alexandra Pierce, email@example.com
- Ancient History Network (Units 1-4): Coordinator John Whitehouse, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian History Network (Units 3-4): Coordinator Faye Quinn, email@example.com
Please note: VCE Teacher Networks are NOT coordinated by HTAV. The views expressed are those of individual teachers and do not in any way represent the views of HTAV. Teachers should exercise caution in relation to any suggestions given by other members of a network - teachers must at all times refer to official advice given by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
13 Feb 18
4.30 pm – 7.00 pm 13 Feb 18
23 Feb 18
9.00 am - 3.30 pm 23 Feb 18