The HTAV Mentoring Network aims to link early-career teachers, new heads of department and/or first-time teachers of History with highly experienced advisers. The advisers, known as Mentors, will work with Mentees to offer classroom and administrative advice, to clarify course content and to offer guidance in areas such as assessment and reporting. NB. The program is primarily designed for HTAV members. If you wish to be mentored but are not an HTAV member, a nominal fee is payable.
Mentor Application Form 2017
Mentee Application Form 2017
If you are interested in applying to be a Mentor or Mentee, please contact Michelle Pitcher, Membership and Events Officer at email@example.com.
HTAV would like to warmly thank the 2017 Mentors for sharing their knowledge and expertise with inexperienced teachers:
- Dr Michael Adcock, Melbourne Grammar School (2 Mentees)
- Dr Lydia Allen, St Margaret's and Berwick Grammar School
- Stephen Catton, Melbourne Grammar School
- Elisa Litvin, Assumption College
- Katrina Davey, St Catherine's School
- Natalie Shephard, Glenvale School
- Rachel Rosedale
- Kathryn Keen, Shepparton High School.
VCE Teacher Networks
HTAV is aware of a number of teacher networks relating to specific VCE studies. If you wish to join one of these conversation groups, please contact the relevant coordinator listed below.
- Global Empires Network (Units 1-2): Coordinator Ashley Keith Pratt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twentieth Century History Network (Units 1-2): Coordinator Micah Jones, email@example.com
- Revolutions Network (Units 3-4): Coordinator Micah Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ancient History Network (Units 1-4): Coordinator John Whitehouse, email@example.com
- Australian History Network (Units 3-4): Coordinator Faye Quinn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: VCE Teacher Networks are NOT coordinated by HTAV. The views expressed are those of individual teachers and do not in any way represent the views of HTAV. Teachers should exercise caution in relation to any suggestions given by other members of a network - teachers must at all times refer to official advice given by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
9 Aug 17
4.00pm–6.30pm 9 Aug 17
24 Aug 17
4.00 pm–6.30 pm 24 Aug 17
25 Aug 17
9.00am - 4.00pm 25 Aug 17