The HTAV Mentoring Network aims to link early-career teachers, new heads of department and/or first-time teachers of History with highly experienced advisers. The advisers, known as Mentors, will work with Mentees to offer classroom and administrative advice, to clarify course content and to offer guidance in areas such as assessment and reporting. NB. The program is primarily designed for HTAV members. If you wish to be mentored but are not an HTAV member, a nominal fee is payable.
Mentor Application Form 2017
Mentee Application Form 2017
If you are interested in applying to be a Mentor or Mentee, please contact Michelle Pitcher, Membership and Events Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HTAV would like to warmly thank the 2016 Mentors for sharing their knowledge and expertise with inexperienced teachers:
- Dr Michael Adcock, Melbourne Grammar School (2 Mentees)
- Stephen Catton, Melbourne Grammar School
- Geraldine Carrodus
- Nick Frigo, Santa Maria College
- Natalie Shephard, Glenvale School (2 Mentees)
- Kathryn Keen, Shepparton High School.
VCE Teacher Networks
HTAV is aware of a number of teacher networks relating to specific VCE studies. If you wish to join one of these conversation groups, please contact the relevant coordinator listed below.
- Global Empires Network (Units 1-2): Coordinator Ashley Keith Pratt, email@example.com
- Twentieth Century History Network (Units 1-2): Coordinator Alexandra Pierce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Revolutions Network (Units 3-4): Coordinator Alexandra Pierce, email@example.com
- Ancient History Network (Units 1-4): Coordinator John Whitehouse, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian History Network (Units 3-4): Coordinator Faye Quinn, email@example.com
Please note: VCE Teacher Networks are NOT coordinated by HTAV. The views expressed are those of individual teachers and do not in any way represent the views of HTAV. Teachers should exercise caution in relation to any suggestions given by other members of a network - teachers must at all times refer to official advice given by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
30 May 17
4:00 PM-7:00 PM 30 May 17
31 May 17
9:00 AM-2:30 PM 31 May 17
8 Jun 17
9.00am-12.30pm 8 Jun 17