HTAV 2023 Annual Conference
Join us at the HTAV 2023 Annual Conference – as a Presenter!
HTAV is proud to support History teaching and we invite you to be part of this rewarding opportunity.
Not sure what you would like to present about? Here are some ideas to consider:
- VCE History Units 1-4 Studies
- Teaching History Levels 7-10
- History in the Primary School classroom
- Do you have something that has worked well in your classroom?
- How do you ‘champion’ History through your school?
- Want to share your resource ideas with others?
- Assessment and reporting tips?
- What digital tools and/or apps work well with your students?
- Tips on improving literacy in the History classroom?
- How to teach History when you are teaching out-of-field?
- How to lead a History teaching team?
- How teachers can work together to help improve learning outcomes in students?
- Tackling the curriculum to meet VCAA requirements?
- Differentiation for diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Student engagement and agency
There is a unique, warm and welcoming atmosphere when history teachers gather together to share professional learning and networking, catch up with colleagues and then walk away smiling at the end of the day. You can play a valued role by presenting.
Remember, our presenters can also attend other conference sessions on the day/s they are presenting for free!
All presenters must receive approval from their school/college leadership (where applicable) to present and attend this conference PRIOR to submitting their proposal.
We invite you to offer a workshop for the:
HTAV Annual Conference: History Now
Thursday 27 - Friday 28 July 2023
Venue: Jasper Hotel, Melbourne CBD
Workshop proposals due by: Thursday 30 March 2023
All presenters must be prepared to deliver their workshop remotely/online if any restrictions prevent us from running the conference physically at the venue.
Submit Your Workshop Proposal Now!
If you would like to discuss your proposed workshop, please do not hesitate to contact Myra Karantzas, Events Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
29 Mar 23
HTAV 2023 AGM and Awards Ceremony5.00pm 29 Mar 23
30 Mar 23
Call for Workshops Open - Share Your Knowledge in 20239.00 am - 3.30 pm 30 Mar 23
11 May 23
History Teaching Masterclass Levels F-12: Every Teacher Can Teach First Nations History2.00 pm–4.00 pm 11 May 23